EXERCISE OF PRESENT CONTINOUS TENSE AND PAST CONTINOUS TENSE
Complete the sentences with correct forms of the verbs in the box.
Example: Ana: Shhhh! Don’t make any noise. My sister is sleeping.
1. Ana : You________ hard today.
Ima : Yes, I have a lot to do.
2. Nona : I________ for Salma. Do you know where she is?
Reno : Sorry, I don’t know.
3. Ana : It________ dark. Shall I turn on the light?
Andin : Yes, please.
4. Salma : The refugees haven’t got anywhere to live at the moment. They________
with relatives or friends until they built a new home.
Ivan : I feel bad for them.
5. Daddy : It’s six thirty. Are you ready, Salma?
Salma : Yes. I________.
6. Ana : You________ too much noise. Can you be a little quieter?
I________ too concentrate on my homework.
Andin : Sorry. I will.
7. Mother : Don’t forget your umbrella. It________ to rain.
Salma : OK, mum. Thank you.
8. Dinda : Jessica called me last night. She is on holiday in Yogyakarta. She________
a great time. She doesn’t want to come back.
Alya : What fun.
9. Salma : Aliando is a university student.
Andin : Yeah. I know that. He________ history.
Change the verbs into the correct forms. Sometimes you need a negative form (not).
1. I’m tired. I________ (go) to bed now. Goodnight!
2. We can go out now. It________ (rain) any more.
3. Norman has just started evening class. He________ (learn) Mandarin.
4. I want to lose weight, so this week I________ (eat) lunch.
5. I think Dina and Maya have had an argument. They________ (speak) to each other.
Read this conversation between Zahra and Reyhan. Change the verbs into the correct forms.
Reyhan : Zahra! How nice to see you! What (1)________ (you/do) these days?
Zahra : I (2)________ (learn) to be a scout leader.
Reyhan : Really? What’s it like? (3)________ (you/enjoy) it?
Zahra : It’s all right. What about you?
Reyhan : Well, actually I (4)_______ (not/do) anything at the moment. I (5)________
(try) to find something to do.
Zahra : Well, you can decorate your room. Dinda (6)________ (decorate) her room
right now and she is very busy.
Reyhan : Oh! (7)________ (she/work) on it alone?
Zahra : No, some friends of hers (8)________ (help) her.
Reyhan : That’s a great idea. Thanks.